Tuesday, March 22, 2022

January 2022 Layout Progress

I left this in draft since January 30. No wonder I have nobody reading this blog.

Well  basically, there has been little progress on the layout in the last few months. I did some design work on the turntable pit and bridge but little has happened to the layout which remains the same. 

Note the lineup of steam locomotives on the service track (water/bunker oil.) I am still waiting for the Owl Mountain Harriman Stand-In parts to add to the lineup. I have another Bachmann 2-8-0 to convert and parts to fix the second Mehano M-4. I have little hopes for another brass C-9 or C-10 as the only ones coming to the market lately have been unpainted 1970's models that would require complete rebuilding to work in a DCC/LocoFi control environment. 
I have yet to fix the roof on the section house or do anything better with the trees and ground cover. 

On the control experimental side, the pre-ordered LocoFi new Gen 3 chips that will be able to support steam sound and control features have arrived. I am waiting for some better information on new developments in stay alive/products before performing any more conversions. One thing that has happened is I have found how easy it is to build and load sound packages for the LocoFi  control module.




No comments:

Post a Comment